Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This year was a particularly lovely Mother's Day!  It was low-key and very special.

The day started with breakfast and a card that Elora and Peter made me. Then, we headed to church. I love that we have a baby dedication service each Mother's Day!  I remember when Elora was dedicated to the Lord two years ago in the same Mother's Day service. It was a meaningful time in which we committed to raising her to love and serve the Lord. I am so thankful that each year I can remember that special time in our life.

I spent the afternoon by myself (in case you didn't catch it - I said BY MYSELF) to run errands. When I came home we all headed out to dinner and enjoyed some nice family time.  Well, except for the part where Elora didn't want to stay in our booth and insisted on laying on the floor in the middle of the isle at the restaurant. Good times. I'll try not to dwell on that part:). 

I am so thankful for the gift of motherhood. It's quite humbling, so hard, so fun, and so incredibly rewarding. The best part of my day was hearing Elora's little voice through the crack of the door say "happy Mother's Day" when I woke up that morning. Melted me into a big fat mommy pool of happiness.

I think of my little baby in heaven. That baby made me a mother for the first time. Although I never met him/her, I was filled with a joy I will never forget finding out I was pregnant for the first time and carrying him/her for a short 8.5 weeks.

I also think about our little one "on the way". We continue to wait in anticipation to be chosen for adoption. I can't wait to be a mama again!

Happy <belated> Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!  You are to be honored!


This is a bit dated - but a favorite of me and my nugget!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment