That is the word to describe last weekend.
My mom, sister, and I met in Wisconsin Dells area for a girls spa weekend away. It was like nothing I have experienced before. We were treated like royalty and everything about it was relaxing. My mom was so kind to arrange the details of the weekend for us and it provided such wonderful, focused, quality time together.
I hadn't seen my sister (who is pregnant) since Christmas and so it was wonderful to see her 32 week belly and feel my little nephew do flip-flops in her. We were able to talk in the way women love to; fast, detailed, and loud. Well, actually, not so much the loud part. We had to continually remind ourselves to quiet down. This place had us sign a "quiet agreement" when we arrived. The resort doesn't allow cell phones, cameras, or loud noises when outside of your room. (Don't tell - I snuck a few pics outside our room). It was a little hard to get used to, but I will say it helped maintain a very peaceful environment there.
We spent our time in and out of the hot tub, sitting on rocking chairs by the fire, sipping tea and smoothies, getting massages, and generally vegging out. Our room was beautiful and we spent our evenings before bed lounging in it, chit-chatting, and reading. The weather was very nice for this time of year and we were able to spend both afternoons by the pool. Ahh, can I go back yet?
I will always remember this special weekend with my two fave women in the whole word. Thanks mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment