Monday, November 10, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 23 Weeks

The weeks are rushing by - it's hard to believe I have hit 23 weeks (almost 6 months!).  I am asked daily by friends, family, and co-workers how I am feeling. I am happy to report I am feeling great! I really am.  Other than a growing belly, feeling little kicks and punches from baby, and the need for 4 pillows when I sleep, I really feel quite "normal". I check my blood pressure and my hands/feet/face for swelling every day and so far so good.  I have a checkup later this week which will kick off my every-two-week appointments until baby boy comes.

We have slightly started to work on baby boy's nursery.  We have removed almost all of Elora's belongings and anything "girly" from the room. Our busy schedule and Peter's international travel lately haven't really allowed me to do a lot of shopping lately to try to find some decor for the room.  But, I am really not worried about it and ok if everything is not 100% done before he arrives.

Next week we tour the birthing unit of the hospital we intend to deliver at.  I was supposed to deliver at that hospital with Elora, but never had the opportunity to tour it...nor deliver there...due to her early arrival.  So, I am actually looking forward to this opportunity I missed with that pregnancy.  They have recently remodeled the unit as well, so I look forward to getting a sneak peek. 

Also, this week I should be able to schedule the C-Section date!  It is really cool and also really odd to think I will know the exact date the baby will come. My C-Section with Elora was a bit traumatic, so there is a part of me that has had to work through needing another C-Section. On the flipside, I now know what to expect out of the surgery and will be mentally prepared for it much more than the first time around. I know I have to get through it - and the result will be my beautiful baby boy's entrance into this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment