I saw many facebook users posted one thing they were thankful for each day during the month of November. I wasn't exactly organized or on facebook enough this month to do that - so I thought I would post my 30 things all at once here on the good 'ole blog! I really am thankful for so many things. I know I take for granted many things on many occasions, but I do try to be thankful each day. Lately, we have been asking Elora if she wants to pray at mealtime. Each time she does she simply says "Tee-you, God" (thank you God) and that is it. I love it so much and I hope that simple prayer prevails in her heart for the rest of her life.
Here is my top 30!
I am thankful for (in no particular order)...
1. A God who is loving, kind, and just
2. My sweet husband of almost 6 years. He is so loving, gracious, and affectionate to me. He is truly my best friend
3. My miracle, Elora Nicole
4. My loving and generous family (both Millers and Morrows) who always encourage and support us
5. Having a sister (sister relationships are the best!)
6. My girlfriends - they have been along side me through my highest highs and lowest lows.
7. My job (and that it is part-time). It's the best situation for me - I am so lucky and love what I do
8. Grandma childcare (my mom watches Elora 2 days a week, Peter's mom watches her 1 day a week) - we are so so so so thankful and blessed for this
9. Health
10. The blessing of being a mom. I feel humbled by this a lot
11. My dad being cancer-free (he was diagnosed in June 2012 with prostate cancer. 1 surgery and 38 radiation treatments later he is cancer-free!)
12. Starbucks. Particularly drive-thus (this is essential as a mom!)
13. My church community (The Mills Church)
14. Having healthy, affordable food choices available to us
15. How much I have been able to travel and the amazing places I have seen on this earth
16. Being able to have 2 cars
17. Two days a week I am home with Elora
18. Sushi
19. Being able to work with New Life Family Services on our adoption process
20. NICU nurses and doctors
21. The amazing programs I am a part of that help me be a better mom; ECFE (Hopkins school district), Parenting class (Mills Church), and MOPS (Grace Church)
22. My Bible Study and the girls that have been a part of it over the last 8+ years
23. My time serving with YWAM Los Angeles (2002 - 2005)
24. Good red wine (particularly Malbec)
25. Modern technology (baby monitors, microwaves, furnaces, and the list goes on!)
26. Being walking distance from church, a dairy queen, a coffee shop/cafe, parks, and an art gallery
27. Minneapolis and all it has to offer
28. Photography
29. Having a really amazing friends from church, YWAM, college, etc.
30. That we live in a safe and friendly community/suburb
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment