Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year's Thanksgiving was lovely, low-key, and full of many of things I am so thankful for.  My sister and her family were in town for the weekend and we hosted actual Thanksgiving day at our home.  It sounds like a lot to host "the day", but we were really excited about it and split up the meal prep between the 4 couples in attendance - so it was easy-peasy. My creative juices were flowing pre-Thanksgiving and I was excited to come up with a fall/metallic/woodsy themed centerpiece for the table. I loved how it turned out and even more happy to see so many of the people we love eating dinner together, happy, laughing and most of all -THANKFUL!

My family went to the Minnesota Zoo the day after Thanksgiving which turned out to be a wonderful, crowd-free outing. The following day I was able to have a little mother/daughters time with my mom and sister for coffee.  Such a treat.  All in all it was a great weekend and here are some pictures to recap!




peeling potatoes!

helping grandma wash dishes


tada!  dad's turkey is done!

Elora's first pumpkin pie!

thankful for this little lady!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics Sar! I love all your decor! Did you make the "Thankful" banner?

    ReplyDelete