Friends ask me a lot how I like working part-time. And my answer is always the same..."I love it"! It is something that works really well for me and for our family. I love working and I love being home with Elora. So, I couldn't feel more blessed.
For those of you who don't know - I work 20 hours a week as an HR Generalist for an Industrial Oils business owned by Cargill. The people I work with are absolutely brilliant and at times a bit intimidating. Most have at least an MBA if not a higher degree. The woman I sit next to has a PhD from Princeton in Chemistry. When I am at work I am truly challenged and feel blessed at the opportunities I am given to develop myself professionally. I am so thankful for my schedule; I work 3 days a week (6.5 hours each day).
Two days a week I am home with Elora doing all the fun (and very hard) work of a mom. We tend to be pretty busy and I love it. We go on playdates, meet with her development specialist, go to MOPS, go to playgroup at church, go to the mall, library, and parks (during summer). Elora gets her fair share of coffee shops as well (sorry little girl - that is what you get for having a coffee lovin' mama!). Since Elora is an only child and doesn't go to a daycare (the grandmas watch her while I work), I try hard to give her opportunities for interaction with other children and adults.
Today was a fun day where I felt particularly thankful and blessed to be home with her. We went on a date to the library and played until she about passed out. Well...she did.... about 40 second after we got in the car. I loved watching her play and get so excited about other kids and about books. I attached a few pictures that I took at the library today below.




No comments:
Post a Comment