Oh gosh. Where to start!? I haven't blogged since Grayson was born and that is due to the fact that I was whole-heartedly loving and trying to take advantage of being on maternity leave. He is now 3 moths old, I am back to work, and our family is working through that transition.
So let me back up.
I had a scheduled C-Section with Grayson. He was delivered early (at 36 weeks) due to some complications from my C-Section with Elora. Considering he was born a month early, he has done amazing! He didn't need any extended time in the hospital and has been a wonderful, healthy little boy.
However, I ended up having an unexpected second surgery after he was born. After he was delivered, the OBGYN informed me that scar tissue from my first C-Section had caused a loop of my intestine to fuse to my uterus. I had no idea and have never had any pain/complications. What this meant was another 1.5 hour surgery after he was born. I was awake for it all and able to hold him through the majority of the surgery. He just laid there as still and cute as can be. I, however, didn't handle the c-section or second surgery very well. I was anxious and clastrophobic, plus my spinal block started to wear off at one point and I was starting to feel the surgery. Yikes! Get me meds ASAP! They pumped me full of pain killers that made me very loopy/sleepy. But, I didn't feel any pain after that.
Both surgeries were successful and I am so thankful for such wonderful care. It did, however, make the recovery process longer and harder than ever. I don't recommend back-to-back abdominal surgeries EVER. I can say now after three months that I am feeling quite good, getting my energy back, and do not have soreness anymore. I am so grateful that Peter was home from work the first 2 weeks after Grayson was born and also thankful for a flexible job - I started back at 18 hours/week my first month back and then will resume my 24 hr/week schedule after that. It's been great to ease back into work after all that!!
Ok-so back to focusing on Grayson :)
He is truly about the easiest baby there is. He is so content and easily soothed. We hope and pray his laid back temperment sticks! At three months old he is about 13 lbs, starting to show signs of wanting to roll over, and is so full of smiles all day! We still can't quite figure out who he looks like, but we sure do think he is as cute as can be. Still can't believe we have a SON!!
Here are a few pics from the last three months!


No comments:
Post a Comment