Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Pregnancy - 33 Weeks ... On the Home Stretch!
Can it be 33 weeks already?! Since I will be having an early C-Section, this means we have only 3.5 more weeks until baby boy Morrow is here!
Now that the holidays are over, I have been in full preparation mode. Nursery is 95% done, newborn clothes are washed, hospital bag is somewhat packed, camera and video camera batteries are charged, and I am mentally preparing myself for the C-section, hospital stay, and of course BABY!
In many ways I am sad for this pregnancy to be over. I have felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for a full, preelampsia-free pregnancy. This pregnancy has been pretty 'text-book' and baby's growth has been on track (even measuring BIG - a new concept to us!). I am loving his full body movements inside of me and feeling those little hiccups.
Yet, in many ways my body is telling me it's the end.
I am struggling feeling comfortable sitting all day at work. My calves and ankles swell if I haven't had enough movement during the day. My back and ligaments below my uterus get sore and many times of the day I just have a general "discomfort" feeling. And forget bending over. That's a thing of the past. I am experiencing the end of pregnancy in its full glory and again, I am thankful, even though parts of it are hard.
Last weekend my college girlfriends hosted a mini shower (a "sprinkle" as we call it) to celebrate baby coming and give some boy things to get us ready. It was sooo much fun to get some little boy clothes, toys, and shoes. I even got some diapers, wipes, and books, which of course are always such welcomed gifts!
Thanks for praying for this pregnancy and little baby boy. Can't wait for you to meet him!
"Sprinkle" Pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment