Friday, October 3, 2014
Pregnancy, Thus Far
How many weeks along? 17+ Weeks
How was 1st trimetster? Hard :) I felt worse than I did with Elora's pregnancy, but it didn't last as long, so that was good. I would typically feel ok during the day and then every day around 3 PM I would feel so sick until I went to bed. I would get home from work, cuddle up like a slug on the couch, go to bed really early, and pretty much be worthless. Thank goodness I have a great husband! He took over a lot during that time.
Cravings? I have not really had strong cravings during this pregnancy. The things I have gravitated to have been spicy food (REALLY spicy!), cold fizzy drinks, and salty food.
Food & Beverage Adversions? The biggest aversion for me during my 1st trimester was coffee. I am normally a daily cup (or more!) coffee consumer. I didn't drink coffee for a few months, but now it's tasting good to me again!
Inkings on gender? No! Not at all! I felt strongly that Elora was going to be a girl- as in deep, strong feelings. I have none of that this time around. We find out on Oct 13. I can't wait!
Sleep? I am sleeping really great these days. Early in my 1st trimester I had major bouts of insomnia. I would be awake for hours of the night every night, it was horrible. I used to be really hot at night, but I seem to have balanced that out a bit.
Energy Level? Right now I feel great during the day. I have energy to be at work and energy to play with Elora the days I am home with her. I do get pretty wiped out at night and go to bed about an hour earlier than pre-pregnancy.
Pre-natal care? My first appointment with the doctor was pretty early (7 weeks) and I had my first ultrasound then. I have had about 3 appointments since and a total of 3 ultrasounds, which of course is so fun. My next appointment is at 19 weeks. It will be a long one! I'll have an hour+ Level II ultrasound followed up by a consultation by the perinatologist (high risk Dr). Depending on the results of the appointment and ultrasound, they will determine what my care will look like the rest of my pregnancy. I may see the perinatologist going forward, intermittently, or not at all. I'll keep you posted!
Baby movement? Call me crazy, but this time around I felt the "bubbles" and "popping" around 12 weeks, which is really early. Maybe it all was just gas and I am crazy. However, just this past week (so starting around 16 ish weeks) I starting feeling actual movement and little tiny jabs! Keep 'em coming little one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment