Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Baby Morrow #2- Coming February 2015!!

We are thrilled beyond thrilled to announce we are expecting a baby in Feb 2015!!  Our hearts are full and my belly is beginning to be as well :) Some of you are probably quite curious about this because of our plans to adopt. So, I wanted to share our story with you.  It's been an interesting ride!

After losing a baby to miscarriage followed by Elora's premature birth (she was born 3 months early and spent 4 months in the NICU due to my diagnosis of severe preeclampsia) we decided that having more biological children may not be something we wanted to try for again.  We knew we wanted more children and were excited to share with the world our decision to bring more children into our family through adoption. We researched agencies, chatted with the people in our lives who have adopted, educated ourselves, and felt confident and unified on our choice of agency. 

We started down a 9 month process with the agency until our home study was completed and our profile could be shown to birth parents (yay!). Everyone kept telling us how quickly we'd be chosen.  Well, that didn't exactly happen. 2013-2014 was particularly slow for our agency and only a few potential families were brought to our attention. We patiently waited and prayed for the right family to choose us.

After over a year of waiting, we got the call we'd been waiting for in June!  A birth mom looked at our profile and although we didn't meet all her criteria, to our pleasant surprise she chose us to adopt her baby girl, due Sept 2014. 

***Rewind one week***

Peter was on an annual trip with buddies to the Boundary Waters with no cell phone reception for nearly a week. I was home with Elora and found out some very life changing news: I was pregnant!   I had to wait 4 days until Peter had cell reception to tell him. I was dying having to keep this news to myself.  We were so excited, but of course it took a little bit to digest since we were in the adoption process and knew that we would need to notify our agency.  What we didn't know is that the agency was about to call us and let us know we had been chosen for adoption.

***Fast forward one week***

Our social worker called to set up a time for us to meet the birth mom in person.  I told her our pregnancy news and that we would still go through with the adoption. The birth mom decided that was not ideal and she would go with the next family of her choosing.

I cried and cried.

I was so thrilled about being pregnant, yet felt such a deep sense of loss at the same time. We had to grieve that baby and let go of the timeline we thought would happen. We are overjoyed for the family she chose next and found out that they have been waiting for a baby longer than we have.  That gives us such peace and joy and we truly believe that baby is meant to be with their family.  Plus, having children only 5-ish months apart would have been crazy, to say the least.

After digesting this series of events, Peter and I are so excited to have another baby! Many people have asked us how we are doing emotionally. The thought of future pregnancies has been such a deep rooted fear for us and we are chosing not to let fear grip us during this pregnancy.  We are trusting that God will take care of us and that we will have a full term pregnancy. 

Many people have also asked what this means for me physically and what my care will look like.  Since this post has become quite long already, I will write my next post about my prenatal care in detail and chances of having preeclampsia again.

Our journey to bringing children into our home has continued to teach us one thing: we are not in control. Our timing is not God's timing. The Lord has used all our our children, born and unborn, to mature our faith in Him and has impacted so many lives. We are humbled He has used us in this way and look forward to a new story (hopefully an un-eventful one!) with this little miracle growing inside of me!

Can't wait to meet you baby!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah & Petter!
    I'm so thrilled for you to be expecting a baby. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family during this time. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the adoption…that is really hard. I will pray as you process that also.

    I had preeclampsia with my first baby. Although she wasn't delivered quiet as early as yours, it was a scary time. I remember wondering if I would ever have that issue again in future pregnancies and always knew that it could be there. But it wasn't. Each of my four pregnancies had its own things. But my second pregnancy was completely smooth and textbook. I so hope that this pregnancy for you will be also.

    Congratulations! Praying that God gives you great peace and hope as you trust Him. And I'm curious to read what you have decided for prenatal care. I went with MPP for my fourth pregnancy…after having a stillbirth. They were amazing.

    Blessings,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out how to edit that post! I did NOT mean to write PETTER! :) For crying out loud…Peter, my friend, I know how to spell your name.

    ReplyDelete