MOTHER'S DAY (my first!):
Last year I was on bed rest in the hospital on Mother's Day. The nurses kept wishing me a happy day and I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't feel like a mom - I more so felt like a blimp and sick due to preeclampsia. Don't get me wrong, I was proud to be the mama of my unborn baby. I was just more so excited for the following year when I could actually celebrate being a mom. And now it's come and gone!
The morning started with Peter and Elora making me breakfast and coffee and giving me presents/cards. Super sweet :) We then headed to church for Elora's dedication service (to read about the service, click here). Afterwards, we drove to my parents house where they hosted a meal for us, my in-laws, my sister/husband, and my grandparents. We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon together that honored all the mamas in the room - including my sister who is expecting her first baby (girl) in September.
| 4 generations |
| Elora w/ auntie |
| Mother's Day was also my grandma's birthday.... double celebration! She was so surprised (as you can see)! |
| Elora with her great-grandparents |
| Me and El at church on Mother's Day |
FATHER'S DAY:
I asked Peter what he wanted me to cook him for Father's Day breakfast and he said, "I want to go to Perkins for breakfast". I am sure that is a refection of his opinion of my cooking (haha!), but I was happy to oblige since that means no cooking OR cleaning! The three of us enjoyed breakfast and then went to church after Elora's morning nap. We spent the afternoon home together and then did a little shopping.
Afterwards, we met up with both of our parents for coffee to celebrate the grandpas. We were at coffee for 2.5 hours just talking, talking, talking!
| I love this pictures - it really shows how "big" daddy is and how small she is next to him! |
| check out those two bottom teeth! |
![]() |
| Elora and all the special dads! |

No comments:
Post a Comment