I am part of & read a lot of preeclampsia and prematurity newsletters and blogs. I am even part of a Facebook group called "Moms of Miracles-Preemies". Every day I get to read stories and hear questions asked of other preemie moms. I can only imagine how lonely being the mom of a preemie was before technology. Nothing "normal" applies to you and your baby. I am so happy for these connections. Today, because of Prematurity Awareness Day, I have heard more stories and seen more pictures than ever before. Let's just say I needed a few tissues today :)
I love how proud these moms are of their preemies and all the obstacles they have overcome. I couldn't help but stand back and thank God for my miracle. She is so beautiful.
In other news...Elora had a lot of Dr Appointments this week. The common thread between all her appointments was how well they all said she was doing. I mentioned in a previous post that her growth has been a little slow. The pediatrician plotted out her growth today and actually she is not as "off" as we thought. She has grown a lot in length, so that was good to see (although I already knew that based on the fact that she is now in 0-3 month clothes....I couldn't snap her newborn sleepers shut anymore!). Tomorrow she will see the pulmonologist (lung Dr) and I'll be sure to post updates on that. Also, she is having a test for Cystic Fibrosis tomorrow. Not because we think she has it - more so to rule it out. All newborns get tested but Elora couldn't be tested when she was born because she had numerous blood transfusions her first few weeks of life. So, it's just time to rule it out for her.
Speaking of blood transfusions....
I need to get on my soap box for a second about donating blood. I have always been a huge proponent of giving blood and have given as often as possible since I was 17. But, you can imagine how much of a reality it became when my own daughter needed blood. If you are able...please give!!!! Especially if you are O Neg blood type (like my hubby!). Babies in the NICU only receive O Neg regardless of their blood type. They want to make sure there are absolutely no chances of a reaction.
Ok - I better get going. I had a craving for chips and guacamole and Peter just walked in the door with some from Chipotle. I'll leave you with a few updated pictures!!
| How to get stuff done when baby doesn't want to be set down! |
| I wanna kiss those cheeks! |
| Thank you to Peter's team at Cargill for the new play mat and outfit! |
SOMEBODY HAS THE GIGGLES!
So cuutttee! So glad for technology to keep little babies alive! :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, I love your blog. The Bruce Scott family has 5 O neg doners. I give blood every 2 months. This gives me added incentive to continue to do so. Elora looks so good!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Sandra